Trimming multiple lines

Useful shortcuts, tips and techniques
macitect

Trimming multiple lines

Post by macitect »

One of the things that I found frustrating at first about HighDesign was having to click on each line separately when trimming multiple lines. After a while I made this simple yet very useful discovery: the Extend tool can be used to both extend and "trim" multiple lines at once.

Take the following example. Let's say we want all the blue lines to terminate at the red line.

First we need to select all the blue lines. Notice the dashed line around my selection window - this means only objects fully within this box are selected. This is achieved by holding down the Option key while using the Selection tool.

Next we choose the Extend Tool in the Edit bar. If, like me you prefer keyboard shortcuts to pushing buttons, then activate Extend by pressing +E.

Next, click on the red line...

And voilà!

Cheers.

steven

april fools

Post by steven »

thanks Derek, at first I thought that this was going to be an Aprils Fools joke - is that celebrated in Canada?

macitect

Re: april fools

Post by macitect »

steven wrote:thanks Derek, at first I thought that this was going to be an Aprils Fools joke - is that celebrated in Canada?
Yes, of course we celebrate April fool's, we're not that backwater in Canada, eh.

But, yeah, I am not so "humorously" endowed... :? Anyways, I did it last night...

Yien

Post by Yien »

i was looking for that lately...

nice tip Derek!

thk

Y