Preferences Reset in HD1.8.7

General HighDesign Discussions
matthew.Stanfield

Preferences Reset in HD1.8.7

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I have been fighting with this for a long time. Pretty much ever since downloading the first Beta version of the new HD. Every once in a while when i open HD 1.8.7, it is as though it is the first time i am opening it. Most all my preferences have been reset. Work space, drawing units, layers, line types, hatches. All set to default. My custom shortcuts remain in tact. And my custom line types and hatches are still available, just not loaded into the drawing.

It has been happening more and more often since installing HD 2015. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I am using a mid 2007 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac and an early 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7. It happens on both machines.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Skywagon

Re: Preferences Reset in HD1.8.7

Post by Skywagon »

Hi
I have been experiencing same issues. Because of heavy instability of 2015 and following beta versions I came back to 1.87.
There's another issue I have been trying to deal with:
Before installing 2015 when I was referring to a project folder (yoshemite) for opening a drawing file, all subsequent open files requests were accessed directly to the folder.
Now I must go through the process of opening the disk (where all my projects folders reside) than open the needed folder and finally open the file.....That is for the same project. !!
It is frustrating !! I am not sure that this is due to Yosemite or HD's new behavior.??
Well I guess we are at least two of us experiencing these issues.
Hope is the final word..
Best
Tony
Tony Manias
Architect
Geneva - Switzerland

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Preferences Reset in HD1.8.7

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

It is good to know that i am not alone in this. I am thinking i might delete HD2015 from my iMac and see if that fixes the problem. I do have a couple of projects in HD2015, so i will probably keep it on my laptop. But i do not foresee making the switch to using HD2015 for quite some time. There are just too many bugs and basic operations that are messed up right now. So while i love the direction they are taking it, they really need to get some things under control before it a usable software.

I have noticed that same issue opening files as well. I think it is more related to Yosemite than HD though. It did not start happening for me until i upgraded from Maverick.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com