OS X Mavericks

General HighDesign Discussions
axys

OS X Mavericks

Post by axys »

Is the beta being tested using the forthcoming Mavericks? Will this mean a further delay? Will this update ever see the light of day - sorry, but this has been going on for so long I can't help but feel somewhat disillusioned about support and future development. Why can't we at least have a regular progress report?
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

macitect

Re: OS X Mavericks

Post by macitect »

Couldn't agree more. I am very sad to see this once great app with such potential just floundering without any real prospect. At this rate we'll be at OSXI before we see a real HD update...

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

The tests on Maverick are planned for the first update, this Fall, so we can focus on releasing the new HighDesign as soon as possible.
The current beta is very usable and only needs a few touches before being distributed to the testers, but we do not feel comfortable giving a release date yet. Even though it is a beta version, we know the testers will likely use it for production projects and we want them to have a safe product that will not alter their work. Since there are no other betas planned after this one, we want it to be as production-ready as possible.

Thank you for your patience. We understand your feelings very well and I can assure you we are working hard to make HighDesign an even greater app!

macitect

Post by macitect »

Any news Andrew? Will the beta be released shortly?

Hope to hear soon!

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Sorry for the late reply Macitect!
Some things we have been working on lately: support for Retina displays; tests on Mavericks; DXF/DWG 2013 compatibility; speed optimizations; pattern editing; hatch and polyline editing; better text rendering.
We are currently testing the beta version before releasing it to the beta testers, so, big news coming!

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

For those not in the Beta testing program, the new beta was released a few days ago and we are currently working on the next beta. If you are interested in beta testing HighDesign, please send us an email to beta@ilexsoft.com.

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

Has anyone download Mavericks?

If so, how is HD doing on the new operating system? It is enticing to upgrade (especially since it is free) but would like to know how it will affect HD before i do.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I have Mavericks and so far HD 12.8 seems to work correctly.

Bust still waiting for the new upgrade.
Otherwise: I won't to wait no more longer and will looking for a replacement, Except "Vectorworks" and the Like which is to expensive for some one who make Technical drawings as an hobby.
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..