HighDesign 1.8.1 Released

All the latest news about updates, announcements, and much more.
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.8.1 Released

Post by Andrew »

Today we released HighDesign 1.8.1. This new update adds some new features and many improvements and fixes. The most notable new feature is the support for TIFF and PNG images with alpha channel, typically used to insert photographic symbols like trees or people.
The Preferences window now provides an option that allows international characters, like some icelandic letters, to display correctly regardless of the antialiasing mode.
Also new is the ability to set and read angles as azimuth directions, i.e. 360 degrees clockwise from the North.

Import and export have been enhanced with better support for DXF/DWG, JPEG, and TIFF export.

And lastly, all the bugs reported in 1.8 have been addressed.

HighDesign 1.8.1 Release Notes
  • [FIX] Dimensions now honor the rounding settings when the units are by project.
  • [FIX] On Intel, vertical construction lines no longer disappear at certain zoom levels.
  • [FIX] Entering a space while renaming a new sheet no longer dismisses the name input field.
  • [FIX] Fixed several internal errors.
  • [CHG] Zooming with the scroll wheel now works as in 1.7 and only uses the simplified redraw with larger projects.
  • [NEW] Added a preference option to allow texts that use icelandic or other international characters to display correctly even without antialiasing.
  • [FIX] The Export as JPEG window was not responsive under certain conditions.
  • [FIX] The Export as Tiff function now works correctly.
  • [FIX] Symbols window: restored the quick rotation buttons.
  • [FIX] DXF Export: fixed a problem caused by layer names with umlauts and other special characters.
  • [FIX] DXF Export: fixed a formatting error in Hatch entities.
  • [FIX] Altimetric dimensions were not accurate under some conditions.
  • [FIX] Values expressed as decimal feet and inches were not accurate with when their rounding was set to 1.
  • [NEW] Added support for PNG and TIFF images with alpha channel.
  • [FIX] The functions of the Adjust Image tool now include the mask of the image.
  • [FIX] Object Info: vertex coordinates and highlighted point of polygon are now correct.
  • [FIX] Selected ellipses did not highlight te corresponding method button.
  • [FIX] Fixed a problem with the snap to elliptical arcs.
  • [NEW] Added the option to read and set directions as azimuth (360° clockwise angles)
  • [FIX] Construction lines no longer change appearance to continuous lines under certain zoom factors.
  • [FIX] Windows placed on a second monitor now remember their position correctly.

steven

Re: HighDesign 1.8.1 Released

Post by steven »

thanks........

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

stupid question....

I forgot where the downloads live. Where do I find 1.8.1?

Andrew & Crew, thank you so much. I just used stretch to 'redesign' an entire set of garage plans with ONE command - awesome awesome awesome!!!!

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

NEVERMIND. Egads I can't read this morning. More coffee.

marr

Post by marr »

Good job!
Being able to use images with alpha channels is a huge feature for presentation graphics. Also being from Iceland, I'm happy you have full support for Icelandic characters now.