Save as PDF crashes program

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

Save as PDF crashes program

Post by kohledfusion »

HD crashes (stops responding) when I try to save a drawing in PDF format. The drawing isn't very complicated. Help!

macitect

Post by macitect »

I've only tried exporting a pdf once and wasn't too happy with the result. Perhaps you should send this to Ilexsoft as a bug report.

In the meantime, if you need to create pdfs may I suggest that you do it by way of the print dialog? All the work I do on HD ends up as pdfs and sent electronically. I have not yet had any problems.

If you need any assistance on how to get that going effectively just let me know (by way of email or pm).

cheers,
macitect

peatle

Post by peatle »

I've also saved many HD files as pdf using the System Print process and have never tried using the HD ' Export As' function to do this.

After using the Print Preview function ( under the File menu ) from within HD, click the Print button and the Apple Print Dialogue pane will appear. To the bottom left is a 'Save as pdf' button, click this and then determine where you want the pdf file to be saved to.

You can then 'Attach' this file to an email and send where you wish.

kohledfusion

worked like a charm

Post by kohledfusion »

Thanks Macitect & Peatle, the print function worked perfectly. I'll post in the bug forum too.

Cheers...you saved my backside!

-KF