Anti-aliased Lines

General HighDesign Discussions
Justin Chapman

Anti-aliased Lines

Post by Justin Chapman »

Hi,

I enjoyed using a trial of Highdesign a while-back running on an old iBook g3 and really liked the anti-aliased lines as viewed on the screen. I am trying 1.7fc8 on my Macbook (not pro). The lines don't render as anti-aliased. Is this a problem due to the (lack) of graphics card? Or can I turn the feature on somewhere?

I find the anti-aliased render much more "intuitive" than the jagged line I associate with more conventional CAD programs like Vectorworks.

Cheers for anyones thoughts.

macitect

Post by macitect »

HI Justin,

Unless it has changed (which I doubt), the option to turn on or off antialias is in one of the menus above. Unfortunately I am at work and can't find it for you but am nearly certain the option exists. Look for it and perhaps in the meantime someone else can post the location of it for you.

cheers,
macitect

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Anti-alias is under Drawing on the menu bar. I'm not sure whether this selection has any impact on performance...
fat guy in a little coat

Justin Chapman

Post by Justin Chapman »

I thought it must have been there somewhere! It's working beautifully now. As a matter of interest, does it slow things down? And does my poor graphics capabilities (Macbook/integrated graphics card) hinder anything? My experience is it doesn't...

macitect

Post by macitect »

It does (or DID) have a small impact on performance back in 1.5 or somewhere around there, but I still have a lowly G4 powerbook (it was the envy of all my mates only 2 short years ago...) and this latest release is running really smoothly with antialias ON.

Enjoy.

macitect