JPEG

General HighDesign Discussions
steven

JPEG

Post by steven »

MY problem - I set up a page to print that included an inserted picture (JPEG). When I went to preview the JPEG was there. When I went to print the page the printer didn't print the JPEG. What went wrong?

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

This is a known issue of HD 1.6.1 already fixed in version 1.6.2fc1, which you can download from http://www.Ilexsoft.com/support.
This download includes only the application file and the release notes.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead

steven

download

Post by steven »

Thanks
I've never done an upgrade for HD. So, after downloading the upgrade - what do I do.

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

After downloading the 1.6.2fc1 folder, expand it and drag its contents into the HighDesign folder to use your libraries and HD resources.
Every time you double-click a .dsn document, the Finder will launch the most recent version of HighDesign.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead

steven

downloading

Post by steven »

I'm also a new mac user so is this right? I downloaded the update, opened it, and there was update notes and a folder with HD 1.6.2fc1. I then dragged the HD 1.6.2fc1 folder to the HD folder in Application list.

Questions

1. On the dock at the bottom of the page I have an icon for HD and one for HD 1.6.2fc1. Do I trash the 1.6.2fc1 icon.
2. In the application list the HD folder still reads 1.6. Do I manually change the 1.6 to 1.6.2fc1?
3. Do I put the upgrade notes in the HD folder in the Application list?

thanks

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: downloading

Post by Andrew »

steven wrote:1. On the dock at the bottom of the page I have an icon for HD and one for HD 1.6.2fc1. Do I trash the 1.6.2fc1 icon.
You are free to choose which icons must be on your dock. You can keep the icon of the application you use more often and drag out the other. They are just aliases (or shortcuts, in the Windows language) to the actual file, so you can add and remove them at your convenience.
2. In the application list the HD folder still reads 1.6. Do I manually change the 1.6 to 1.6.2fc1?
Not needed, but you can rename it if you want to use it as a reminder that it contains a pre-release version. The application won't notice it. The only change will probably be in the location of the Symbol Library folder, which you might have to locate by choosing File > Select Library.
3. Do I put the upgrade notes in the HD folder in the Application list?
Yes, or wherever you prefer. That document only contains a quick list of the changes since the last release, so you can check what was fixed, improved, added or changed.

In general, on the Mac you have more degrees of freedom as to where to put files. Folders and documents used by an application are located in the Application Support folder, in the user's Library directory, and they must not be required in order to launch a program. HighDesign saves there printer, language and shortcuts preferences, the error log, custom line-types, hatch-types and themes you created with the Create Image tool.
Required files are located inside the application bundle, which is not normally accessible to the user.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I am careful with placing upgrade versions to keep the past working copy of the application in a separate folder. While Final Candidates should be good copies you never know that everything is going to work for you... so its nice to try the newer version and also have the older version availabe just in case. Once you're sure that everything is working you can trash the older versions.
fat guy in a little coat