mouse ms and scroll

General HighDesign Discussions
giuliano

mouse ms and scroll

Post by giuliano »

hi
I have DL the new versio 1.61 that support left and rigth might mouse pan. I have a Ms confort optcal mouse that can do the same but works only in vertical when i try to do this.
its normal?
giuliano

ps some thinghs doesnt seen to be right with HD, i'm cheking it and then report.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Some mouse models use the Shift key to toggle between vertical and horizontal scrolling. The Mighty Mouse does not need this since it has horizontal scrolling built-in, but other hardware vendors either provide a (somewhat) four-direction scroll wheel or use the Shift key as a workaround, which typically can be set via the device's control panel.

You could try setting a different modifier key in the control panel of your mouse or just wait for the 1.6.2 update, which solves this situation by supporting the Option key as well as Shift for mouse scrolling.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I don't know whether the mouse your using has a setting profile in the System Preferences... Apple Mighty Mouse has different toggles for horizontal and vertical scrolling: on/off and speed of each. Perhaps your mouse has a dirver for OS X that will add this pane to the System Preferences.
fat guy in a little coat