HighDesign 3D

General HighDesign Discussions
mtno

HighDesign 3D

Post by mtno »

Hi Highdesign people,

currently I'm working with Sketchup / Layout 2020, (I have no wish to upgrade there) i've looked at Rhino, Blender and even FormZ in search of a new & better CAD environment .. Highdesign R8 would definitely be my choice if only 3D modeling was available! As it is in development - my question is, what kind of 3D capability might we see in future? Clearly SU features might be too much to hope for, and the question I ask may not be answerable for some time yet .. just want you at Ilexsoft to know how great Highdesign looks to someone in search of software for Mac, made with dedication, by designers ..

thanks & best wishes from South Australia

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: HighDesign 3D

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for your interesting post and the kind words!

Yes, the 3D features are currently under development. In R8, we added the "height" parameters to the architecture elements, which can now compute their volume. This is just a small, visible part of the hard work we have done already to get the core items ready for 3D.

Our approach to 3D will be in steps: first, we will release 3D visualisation and navigation of the model with the ability to snap, select, edit and inspect elements.
Next, as the 3D features consolidate, we will add direct manipulation of the objects, which is closer to the way SketchUp works

We plan to release a public beta before or within this summer, let us know if you are interested in trying it!

mtno

Re: HighDesign 3D

Post by mtno »

Hi Andrew,

this is good 3D news! Yep I'd be v.interested in trying the beta release when it comes out,
thanks for the forward view ..