update

General HighDesign Discussions
Yien

update

Post by Yien »

Great improvement guys!

its more robust than the previous.
but i find a way to crash it . well one thing maybe...try to draw anything in 1:1, make a print (that load lots of pages...) and cancel the print. voila :(

1- I like the idea of "binding" layers to symbol in 1.5, but is there a change in 1.6? how else could i have more than one SET of Drawing manager ? ( per exemple a set for pinting in 1:100 another in 1:20)

2- the copy/paste passed the test for me, doesnt crash and it follow a scale change.

3- the undo combine with the wall and door too is more stable.
but if you do a door in a wall and then extrude the wall...the door disappear :(
And a strange behavior here : make a door in a wall. stretch the wall...if you dont stretch and aligned with the wall, the door disappear. If your right, then try to stretch one side and undo. Look carefully: On one side, the wall stretch and come back, on the other one the wall stretch and when you undo, the whole wall AND door move....

4-and what is the use of "create image" if the export goes well?
last thing i dont really get : i always draw at 1:1

dont get me wrong, i try every update and is more and more interesting.
i like your idea to having a different philosophy of cad, thats why the troubles are differrent too. Keep going!

-Y

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: update

Post by Andrew »

Vanzen wrote:Great improvement guys!
its more robust than the previous.
but i find a way to crash it . well one thing maybe...try to draw anything in 1:1, make a print (that load lots of pages...) and cancel the print. voila :(
We are not seeing this. Could you elaborate a bit more? Does it crash when you hit Cancel on the Print Preview window or when you cancel the print from the system driver?
1- I like the idea of "binding" layers to symbol in 1.5, but is there a change in 1.6? how else could i have more than one SET of Drawing manager ? ( per exemple a set for pinting in 1:100 another in 1:20)
This is an interesting idea, and we will explore it in the future. In 1.6, Drawing Manager works as in previous versions, that is, multiple sets are not available.
3- the undo combine with the wall and door too is more stable.
but if you do a door in a wall and then extrude the wall...the door disappear :(
And a strange behavior here : make a door in a wall. stretch the wall...if you dont stretch and aligned with the wall, the door disappear. If your right, then try to stretch one side and undo. Look carefully: On one side, the wall stretch and come back, on the other one the wall stretch and when you undo, the whole wall AND door move....
Hmm, quite a complicated situation there... Thanks for the pointer, we'll see how it can be solved.
4-and what is the use of "create image" if the export goes well?
last thing i dont really get : i always draw at 1:1
Create Image is like a 2D rendering tool for your drawings. You can set the background, apply affects, choose resolution and size and save the combinations as themes. The result image can be attached to your Keynote presentation, inserted in a html page of your website, printed at 300DPI... Just try the sketchy themes, you can get amazing results.
dont get me wrong, i try every update and is more and more interesting.
i like your idea to having a different philosophy of cad, thats why the troubles are differrent too. Keep going!
Thanks for your encouragement! Keep using HighDesign and you won't be disappointed!