HighDesign R6 Now Available

All the latest news about updates, announcements, and much more.
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign R6 Now Available

Post by Andrew »

HighDesign R6 is now available for download.

This release includes over 150 new features, improvements and stability fixes.

HighDesign R6 highlights include:
  • Universal binary native for both the new Apple Silicon (M1) Macs and Intel-based machines
  • Important speed and workflow optimizations
  • Custom paper size manager
  • Enhanced documentation features with multi-leader text annotations, custom precision dimensions, improved viewports and layouts
  • More powerful walls, doors and windows
SPECIAL OFFER: Until March 21, all renewals will be available at a 25% discount on the regular price.

• For an overview of the new features in HighDesign R6, view the page https://www.ilexsoft.com/highdesign/whats-new.html

• The detailed list of improvements and fixes can be viewed at the page https://help.ilexsoft.com/doku.php?id=e ... ease-notes

bdgWesternMass

Re: HighDesign R6 Now Available

Post by bdgWesternMass »

Great,

Thank you, testing my version now.

Stay Healthy,

Ben

chrisheath

Post by chrisheath »

It looks awesome. Thank you. I don't yet have an M1 Mac, but may upgrade shortly to take advantage of the launch discount.

axys

Post by axys »

I don't see any way to bump my current R5 up to R6 without paying the full price. Entering my serial number on the renewals page just shows a red box, although it is valid until the end of the year..
About HighDesign > License Information doesn't show "Renew" near the current license.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

axys wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am I don't see any way to bump my current R5 up to R6 without paying the full price. Entering my serial number on the renewals page just shows a red box, although it is valid until the end of the year..
About HighDesign > License Information doesn't show "Renew" near the current license.
Hi, I just sent you a PM.

aucl

Post by aucl »

I purchased HighDesign Pro on App Store on 27. Oct 2020, now R6 is released, but I can't see my HD it being updated.
When will the AppStore version be updated to R6?

aucl

Post by aucl »

Where is the R6 Update for the App Store Customers?

The R6 beta which I was able to use for a Month run out of time, and now I'm blocked from work.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

aucl, the update will be posted on the App Store as soon as possible. There were some difficulties that have now been resolved. Actually, our plan is to post it this week.
If you write to our support dept., we'll send you a 30-day license that will allow you to resume your work immediately.

Update, Apr. 16: we've not received any request yet. You may contact us through a support desk ticket, email to the
customerservice or support addresses.
Update, Apr. 23: We're always available for help and assistance if you need.

chrisheath

Post by chrisheath »

I've been trying out R6, but decided to wait until the Apple Silicon all-in-one desktops are released before upgrading to R6.

The problem is I can't open an R6 dsn file with HD2017, even though the file I'm working with only contains lines and arcs (I'm drawing Islamic geometric patterns), and nothing parametric.

I did try exporting to dwg and dxf, from R6, but these would not open in HD2017 either. Is there anyway to get my R6 files open in HD2017 for the time being?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

chrisheath wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:16 amI did try exporting to dwg and dxf, from R6, but these would not open in HD2017 either. Is there anyway to get my R6 files open in HD2017 for the time being?
Have you tried using the command Save Special > Previous HighDesign Project Version?

chrisheath

Post by chrisheath »

Hi Andrew

Saving to the 2016 file format worked. Thank you.

Cheers
Chris