HighDesign 1.7fc6 PPC Now Available

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.7fc6 PPC Now Available

Post by Andrew »

Hello,
HighDesign 1.7fc6 PowerPC is now available for download and testing.

Update: please download version 1.7fc7
Download HighDesign 1.7fc7 PPC

HighDesign 1.7fc6 Release Notes<ul type="disc"><li>[FIX] Redoing a print area did not restore the name.
<li>[FIX] Undoing a print area now removes it from the list of available print areas.
<li>[CHG] Resizing the selection via the Scale/Resize dialog now applies to the width of walls when the scaling factor is proportional.
<li>[IMP] The Dimensions Options panel now remembers which pane was last selected.
<li>[IMP] The Drawing Manager window now remembers the last selected pane.
<li>[FIX] Reordering linetypes did not work properly.
<li>[FIX] Fixed some internal errors.
<li>[FIX] Activating a different editing tool while another is in use now cancels the current action.
<li>[FIX] Views now save current sheet and layer.
<li>[FIX] Views are now correctly updated when loading a project with merged or pasted drawings.
<li>[FIX] Annotations no longer wrap the text when changing zoom factor.
<li>[CHG] Print areas are now displayed always on top of the other drawing objects.
<li>[FIX] Overlapped walls no longer try to create intersections.
<li>[FIX] Fixed internal errors in the Doors and Windows tool and the Object Info palette.
<li>[FIX] Icelandic characters are displayed correctly.
<li>[NEW] Added a new Construction Lines method to the Point tool, now renamed Construction Objects tool. Construction lines are infinite dashed lines used for reference and construction.
<li>[NEW] Added a new Measure Tool to measure linear distances on the current project. The Measure tool has two methods, line and path. Measures are temporary, that is, they are not saved into the document. The single line measure can be used to resize the drawing via the Object Info palette.
<li>[NEW] DXF: added support for RAY and XLINE entities.
<li>[FIX] Dimension Properties: The Custom Text field no longer wraps the text on multiple lines.
<li>[IMP] DXF Import: improved the interpretation of multiline texts in Rich Text (RTF) format.
<li>[FIX] Nudging objects with the arrow keys now updates the Object Info palette.
<li>[IMP] DXF Import: improved the conversion of splines.
<li>[NEW] It is now possible to resize a line or a wall along its angle by holding down the Shift key while editing one endpoint.
<li>[FIX] Reordering a sheet in the Sheets palette did not work properly when the sheet was moved on top of an invisible sheet.
<li>[FIX] Image resizing and stretching could not be undone.
<li>[FIX] Images can be moved by the central point.
<li>[OPT] Interface strings load about 30% faster.
</ul>
Thanks for your help with testing the HighDesign betas.
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Andrew,

Looks like a great update. However, for the moment it is unusable (for me anyway...) When I turn on a sheet all the others are invisible.

I thought it was an issue with different scales but it does it with different sheets at the same scale.

Looking forward to testing it when this gets cleared up.

macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

macitect, thank you for pointing out the issue with sheets!
A new version was uploaded minutes ago to fix it.

Download HighDesign 1.7fc7 PPC

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for the report.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Do you guys ever sleep?!?!?

Thanks for the speedy update. It is working marvelously now. One question though; why did you change the tool icons to black? Not that I am opposed... just curious as I always liked the blue.

cheers,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

macitect wrote:Do you guys ever sleep?!?!?
Yes, when we run out of caffeine :wink:
Thanks for the speedy update. It is working marvelously now. One question though; why did you change the tool icons to black? Not that I am opposed... just curious as I always liked the blue.
We wanted to make the icons more contrasted. Anyway, it may not be definitive as they could be reverted to blue in the final release.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hello again,

Here is a minor one... M is not working as the shortcut to measure. If I use any of the other shortcuts and then cancel out of the command, the M seems to re-initialize the last tool.

Macitect.

ps. I would offer to send some coffee, but I imagine that you drink something much better than "aqua sparca"... as my wife's zia always put it...
Keep up the excellent work!

macitect

Post by macitect »

One other thing....
The quick reference is not getting updated I think... There are some shortcuts there that are not accurate. For instance: Mirror is apple+Y, not apple+H - same thing for mirror a copy, just with the addition of the shift key.

cheers.

SWANK-E

auto-saved file problem

Post by SWANK-E »

ok, problemo

the splash page is constantly in the way of the 'Do you want to open the auto-saved file?" dialogue.

i can only see that dialogue if i am focused on another program, as soon as i click on highdesign or even try to click on that greyed out "Do you want..." box, it brings the splash page over it and therefore unable to click it.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi there Swank-e

May I suggest you start a new thread with this one? It will probably get noticed faster. I can't help as I haven't experienced this yet.

Cheers,
macitect

SWANK-E

Post by SWANK-E »

i have no problem with it, just a bug regarding this make, that's all
all i had to do was to force quit the program and then open again, it then didn't offer to open an autosaved file