Intersection snap

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
GlennC

Intersection snap

Post by GlennC »

Snaps generally work well, but intersection snap isn't working for me, meaning accuracy is compromised.
Mac mini M2. Sonoma 14.2.1.

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Intersection snap

Post by Andrew »

We have worked on intersection snap to correct a problem of accuracy. It was caused by the temporary alignment guides that would intercept the snap when instead it should have been taken by the intersection point. Basically a matter of priority :)
Is it possible that the alignment guides have interfered in your case?

GlennC

Post by GlennC »

Thank you for your response, Andrew.

I'm not sure what you mean by temporary alignment guides - I don't think it's construction lines, more likely the blue automatic alignment lines. Anyway, with two solid lines crossing, and no temporary alignment guides visible, intersection snap doesn't work, there's no 'magnetic pull' and no comforting audible click, so I have to zoom way in and just click on the intersection visually - not really accurate.

Hope I've explained that clearly enough.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Yes, by temporary alignment lines I meant indeed the blue automatic alignment lines.

I just tested the intersection snap on lines oriented at a variety of angles and in R8 it works as expected. It would be great if you could send us a sample file with the indication of where the issue occurs, I could look into it and compare R7 and R8. I think we can squeeze a quick fix before the release.

GlennC

Post by GlennC »

Hi Andrew,

I've sent an MP4 via info@ilexsoft.com. Hope it illustrates the issue I'm having.

Thanks!

Glenn

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

We have tried to reproduce the drawing that is visible in your video, and snap to intersections has worked as expected under normal conditions. The only place where it did not work is in layouts, when the drawing is actually inside a viewport.

If that is the case, as it would appear from your video, snapping to the objects represented in a viewport does not see intersections and that is by design. That is, you cannot snap to intersections inside a viewport, only to vertices, centres, mid-points and borders.