Pen Weights

General HighDesign Discussions
steven

Pen Weights

Post by steven »

Question

Which Pen weight option (Hairline, Bitmap, Actual) do you use and why? I like to use the Actual option, but I don't like distortion of the line when you're zooming in and out.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I sometimes use the Print Weight but mostly use hairline because I find that the heavier weights change too much with zooming in and out.

I must admit that I do not work too much with line weights like I used to with autocad and line colors. Now, pretty much all my lines are black with exception of particular construction and guide lines.

I find that I'll use the sheet translucency more often to distinguish between sheets.
fat guy in a little coat

steven

Pen Weights

Post by steven »

ybalx - I too, coming from autocad, used to use many line weights. How many line weights to you use with HD in your architectural drawings?

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

2 is probably the average with most lines at the finest setting. I use an ink jet plotter which doesn't do that well with line wights that are close to one another. I seem to use more colored translucent fills to provide more graphic understanding.

For instance, rather than increase the line weight for walls, I find myself filling in the entire wall (outside to inside) with a color overlay hatch.
fat guy in a little coat