Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

Post by kohledfusion »

A few questions while I try out 2.1 :

Is there a way to get simple doors (no framing)? I like the cleaner look of no frame. I tried setting 'Casing' to zero, but that didn't do it.

I am still unable to reassign the MOVE command to a different shortcut and have it work. The CMD-T motion sets my carpal on fire, otherwise I would adjust :)

Is there an option to have new text adjust its text box automatically? I have to reselect text after I type it & use the 'fit text box to contents' each time. Otherwise I am clicking on text to select & not hitting a selection point. In old HD the text box would, at least, adjust its depth if my initial text selection box was too small. If I was clicking on text I could see, I was guaranteed to 'hit' the text. In 2.1 that doesn't happen unless I resize the box or get my initial text selection box size correct on the first try.

Is it possible to set the default font & font size for the program (I'm willing to hack the plist).

Thanks for any help.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I am wondering the same thing about the doors with no framing / casing / trim. While i can see how this feature would be nice at times, it is not usually what i would want to show on my drawings.

So i did some experimenting. It seems if you set the door thickness to 1-1/4" or less, the door trim goes away. HD still shows the jamb of the frame, but at least the trim on the face of the wall is gone.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Doors and casement windows are scale-sensitive: the level of detail decreases with the scale, so that the same door is represented with thickness, casing and frame at 1:10, but as simple lines at 1:100.
In 2016, we've added a new simple door type that draws the simplified door commonly found in drawings at 1:100 or 1/8=1. In the attached images, you can see the same doors at different drawing scales.
1:10
Doors_1-10.png
1:50
Doors_1-50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

If there could be a way to control what is shown or not, regardless of scale, that would be great.

The situation i have run into is trying to put a door at the intersection of two rooms. The problem being that the trim extents into the perpendicular wall. If i could just have the option to turn off the trim, the problem would be solved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Available soon in HighDesign 2016
HighDesign_2016-03-01-door-options.png
: