unable to paste objects onto a new layer

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

unable to paste objects onto a new layer

Post by kohledfusion »

I'm on 2.2. I have two layers, Highdesign and 'test'. I create a line and some text on layer HighDesign. I cut, then paste, selecting the option to flatten to current layer "test".

The items flatten to a new layer called "Layer 0", not "test". I can see the name "layer 0" if I mouse over the item. But the new layer 0 disappears when I attempt to see it in the pull down menu. It also cannot be seen in the Layer Manager until I repair document.

Also, delete duplicate items is not working for me. I pasted the same thing four times (because it didn't work properly) until I figured out there was a problem. No big deal, delete duplicates will remove the extra three pastes, right? NOPE. And yes, there are four identical lines there when I do a selection. It shows up in the object info screen.

should I go back to 2.1 ?
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

kohledfusion

Re: unable to paste objects onto a new layer

Post by kohledfusion »

More info:

I tried it on my mom's mac using HD2.1 on OX10.9.5 - got the same behaviors. I cannot paste/flatten to a specific layer & delete duplicate items does not work.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

John Compiani

Re: unable to paste objects onto a new layer

Post by John Compiani »

I get the objects pasted to "Layer 0" too, but it's selectable and doesn't then disappear.

In the drawing manager dialogue box, it also shows Layer 0 and is responsive. BTW The object counts in the drawing manager are still as inaccurate as ever. I created a new document, cut an object from default "High Design" layer and pasted it into a newly created "Layer 1". It was pasted into Layer 0 instead and the drawing manager shows 1 object in "High Design" layer (there are 0) and 2 objects in Layer 0 (there is 1).

Also, can confirm that delete duplicates doesn't work for me either.