paste properties in 2015

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

paste properties in 2015

Post by macitect »

Anybody have success with copy/paste of properties yet? In the manual it says that after instigating paste the cursor will turn into a bucket when hovering over other objects. THis is not happenning for me. If I try to copy paste properties of a wall for instance I get no bucket and it just wants to make more walls...

Skywagon

Re: paste properties in 2015

Post by Skywagon »

HI, Try this :
Make your walls with the fill and hatching you decide.
Make another set of walls with different fills and hatching.
Now choose either set of walls - select one of them - go to menu and click ''copy properties''
Deselect - go to the other set of walls - YOU WON'T SEE THE BUCKET, However select normally your walls - apply ''paste properties''
it works !! for me
Hope that helps; It is true that the lack of our old bucket is somehow disturbing...Well I guess we'll have to get used to the new behaviours of HD
Good luck
Skywagon
Tony Manias
Architect
Geneva - Switzerland

macitect

Post by macitect »

Skywagon,

THanks for that. Not what I was waiting or hoping for... One of the things I've always loved about HD is not having to move my mouse around everywhere choosing different tools, menu items, etc. Except for actual drawing I generally use nothing but shortcuts.

For me this renders the copy/paste properties action almost pointless. I might as well select the objects I want to change and do it manually, becasue this new copy/paste method doesn't save any time.

On the positive side I am happy to report that alt+click still picks up tool and properties - ie alt+click a wall and you can then start drawing walls with the same properties or just paste the properties to existing walls.

thanks for the reply.

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

It is working fine for me.

Using alt-click to copy and alt-cmd-click to paste.

The cursor turns to a 4-way arrow whenever cmd is pressed, but it still pastes the properties.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

macitect

Post by macitect »

THanks Matthew,

It does work. I wasn't even aware of that shortcut!