HD2015 TEXT FUNCTION PROBLEMS

General HighDesign Discussions
Skywagon

HD2015 TEXT FUNCTION PROBLEMS

Post by Skywagon »

Hi to you all,
I have some issues when using the TEXT funtion; It generates the following problems:
a) The text block as it is performs rather OK exept the fit text into box function
b)After the same block is duplicated, any editing of the contents appears on the screen.... BUT THEN... there's no way to confirm the action; Any click brings back the original text of the duplicated block !! Further more the ''text style box'' remains on the screen; it can be moved around but it can't be deleted from the screen;
c)When opening a new drawing or any other previous drawing the text style box is still there !!

Am I missing something ?? Any help will be welcomed
Thanks in advance.
My Platform is Mac 28 GB - Yoshemite - highdesign 2015
Tony Manias
Architect
Geneva - Switzerland

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: HD2015 TEXT FUNCTION PROBLEMS

Post by Andrew »

Hi,

There is an unexpected behaviour with text editing when it is performed by a double-click with the Arrow tool. We fixed that and, if you want, you can download a beta release of the next update which includes the fix.

http://ilexsoft.com/ftp/pub/Software/Be ... 15-1b4.zip

Alternatively, if you prefer to wait until the official release, you can work around that situation by avoiding double-clicks on text objects with the Arrow tool. Instead, to edit a text do the following:

1. Select the text object.
2. Activate the Text tool
3. Click once inside the text box.

As for the Fit Text Box tool, we have not received any other reports about that. It would help if you could provide more information, and perhaps a file where the problem is reproducible, ideally in an email to support@ilexsoft.com.

Hope that helps!

Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

Hi Andrew
Let me thank you very much for your immediate reply to my message. I loaded your updated beta version and it works great !!
As far as the ''fit text in box'' it works as well.
Allow me to use this message to compliment your team for a great job. Keep going you guys have an excellent program.
Best regards
Skywagon
Tony Manias
Architect
Geneva - Switzerland

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Great! I am glad it helped!
Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Jeffrey Levine

Post by Jeffrey Levine »

Hi Andrew:

I am having a similar problem as "Skywagon", only this is in HD2016.

When I try editing existing text on a drawing, I can bring up a new text style box. The edits are shown in this box. However, the green check button does not respond and the text style box remains on the screen; it can be moved around but it can't be deleted from the screen. The only way to remove the box, is to restart the application, and the original unedited text appears. By the way, if I check the red "x" button, prior to hitting the green check button, the text box does disappear, but, again, the original unedited text appears.

As you have mentioned, I can bring up a new text box and work successfully placing text that way. However, editing existing text on a drawing does help productivity.

I would appreciate any help you can suggest, since the new version does seem to work well in other respects.

Thank you
Jeffrey Levine

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Hi Jeffrey and welcome to the forum!

We addressed that situation and released version 2016.0.1 about two weeks ago. If you haven't done already, I'd suggest you download and check that update. That should solve the problems with the text box. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Levine

Post by Jeffrey Levine »

Thanks Andrew.

The update seems to have loved the problem, thanks.