command-Q

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
matthew.Stanfield

command-Q

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

This is a somewhat minor issue, but i would like command-Q to quit HD just like it does all the other programs on my Mac.

I do not know how many times i have absent mindedly hit command-Q to quit only to have the print preview come up. Could print preview be assigned another short cut so command-Q could be used to quit the software? Personally, i always print from print preview and would not mind command-P being assigned to print preview rather than for printing directly.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

sebG

Re: command-Q

Post by sebG »

I think your shortcut has been changed !
For me, in the standard edition of HD, command-Q do quit the application and "print preview" is assigned ctrl-command-P...
However, you can change your shortcuts in the pro version of HD (in the preferences panel I guess).
Hope it helps....

matthew.Stanfield

sebG wrote:I think your shortcut has been changed !
For me, in the standard edition of HD, command-Q do quit the application and "print preview" is assigned ctrl-command-P...
However, you can change your shortcuts in the pro version of HD (in the preferences panel I guess).
Hope it helps....
You are correct. By default, command-Q is assigned to Print Preview. However, when i changed that in preferences to another key combo, command-Q is assigned to Quit.

thanks,
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
Mansfield, OHio

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

It reminds me of the transition to HD way back from ACAD... getting used to K for Line was a huge challenge... now I think nothing other than K for Line.
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Command-Q is the standard Quit menu shortcut, and it is not supposed to change because, well, it's the standard as per the Mac OS UI guidelines. Your shortcuts list may be somehow damaged.

To reset the shortcuts to their defaults, you would have to move the plist file to the Trash manually. Locate the file 'Shortcuts.plist' inside the folder ~user/Application Support/ilexsoft/HighDesign/. Then move that file to the Trash. The next time you launch HighDesign, the shortcuts will be reverted to their default values.

matthew.Stanfield

Andrew wrote:Command-Q is the standard Quit menu shortcut, and it is not supposed to change because, well, it's the standard as per the Mac OS UI guidelines. Your shortcuts list may be somehow damaged.

To reset the shortcuts to their defaults, you would have to move the plist file to the Trash manually. Locate the file 'Shortcuts.plist' inside the folder ~user/Application Support/ilexsoft/HighDesign/. Then move that file to the Trash. The next time you launch HighDesign, the shortcuts will be reverted to their default values.
As i have the shortcuts working the way i want now, i think i will leave it alone. Ever since i first got HighDesign (in december 2008), command-Q has opened the print preview. I tried to change it in my preferences by changing the shortcut for Quit to command-Q, however, "Quit" is not available to change. It did not occur to me to change the shortcut for print preview until just recently. Once i changed that, command-Q defaulted to Quit and cannot now be assigned to anything else. I just must of had a weird glitch with mine for some reason.

But as i mentioned, all is working now as i prefer, so i am going to leave it alone for now. If i have any more issues, i will certainly look into resetting the shortcuts to the default values.

thanks to all for the help.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
Mansfield, OHio

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Matthew, once i get my shortcuts set, I make a dated backup. That way I can easily replace when the shortcut file corrupts itself (I do the same for the prefs and plist too). It's an easy way to get right back in the saddle when things go wrong!
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *