Menus Available when HD not active app

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
kohledfusion

Menus Available when HD not active app

Post by kohledfusion »

Aloha,

When I click out of HD to another App, the Style, View, Sheet and Object Menus disappear. This makes it impossible to do screen shots. It's also a severe challenge to my memory when i'm trying to write emails explaining the views, sheets and styles I'm using. I have to flip back and forth from email to HD so I can see the info I'm trying to describe!

Could you make the Menus stay visible when HD isn't the active App, or make it a preference we can set?

Also, I still desperately need a way to shortcut 'show all layers' and 'hide other layers'.

Mahalo,
Erin
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Menus Available when HD not active app

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

This is pretty standard behavior for apps on a mac. I for one much prefer it this way, though i can see where it could cause headaches with the particular situations you are describing.

If the menus were to be made available when HD is not the active app, i would prefer that it be a preference that could be set either way, that way those of us who prefer they disappear when HD is not active could still have it as it is.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com