***LEADERS...

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
macitect

***LEADERS...

Post by macitect »

At the moment my biggest wish is to be able to modify the text in leaders (and maybe all dimensions...) by double clicking them rather than having to open the Properties each time.

If there is a way to change them w/o opening the properties dialogue box already please advise...

peatle

Re: ***LEADERS...

Post by peatle »

Since HD 1.8..... ? came in, you can just click on the text attached to a leader and a text box opens up that can be edited right there on the page ....... I have had no trouble with this so far.
Not sure if it only works if you have created a 'Style' for the leader you want ( which I have ) but I don't think this is the case.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Oh... reeeeeally? :| I'm running 1.8.2 on OSX.5 and I am not getting that behaviour. Do I need to be in a certain tool before clicking on the text? Single or double click?

Thanks Peter!

peatle

Post by peatle »

Be in Dim'n tool ..... select the leader ........ single click on the text.

macitect

Post by macitect »

OK, so I need to select dim/leader in question FIRST then activate any of the DIM tools and click on the text and voilà.

Is this the same sequence that you go through?

peatle

Post by peatle »

It works either way ..... whether you are already in the dim'n tool and then select the leader in question, or vice versa, then single left click on the text.

It can be any dim'n tool, you don't have to be in the leader tool

macitect

Post by macitect »

Wow, Peter, you were on fire yesterday!! Thanks so much for the tip.

For me it doesn't seem to work if I am in dim tool first. It always wants to make a new dim object. However, selecting the leader and then activating the dim tool works so much better than going into the properties panel each time... much appreciated!

peatle

Post by peatle »

Isn't it nice when you can eliminate yet another step ? It would be great if we could also do this to customize a dimension in the same way .... all in good time I guess, the list is endless.

I was partially in error ...... if you are already in the dim'n tool then you have to single RIGHT click on the leader in order to select it and then single left click on the text to change it.

Peter

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

some can explain what a "leader" is for a Noop ??

or show a picture of it ??
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

peatle

Post by peatle »

A leader is a line ( usually with an arrowhead) pointing to a particular item on your drawing, and with a note attached.
It is the tool within the dimensions tool that resembles this.
LEADER SAMPLE FOR HD FORUM.tiff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the reply.
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..