WINDOW SHADE

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peatle

WINDOW SHADE

Post by peatle »

I would find it very useful to have a window shade type operator to quickly open and close the 'Sheets' list with a double click in it's title bar.

When this list contains a lot of sheets it obscures Object Data, Views, Styles panes. Trying to keep a little bit of these panes visible, to quickly click on when covered by the sheets pane, is a bit of a juggling act.

Maybe there's a better method of handling these items that I'm not aware of...... ???????

Thanks,
Peter

macitect

Re: WINDOW SHADE

Post by macitect »

Hey Peter,

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you do realise that in the pref pane you can make the palettes transparent - right? In the workspace tab it is about halfway down.

cheers,
derek

peatle

Post by peatle »

Thanks Derek .... I am aware of the ability to make the floating palettes transparent and I am sure that this suits a lot of people. I find though, that when I have a Sheets palette with a lot of sheets in it it is confusing to have it overlapping other transparent palettes as well as being able to see what is on the desktop behind . This would get even busier if a long Styles palette was there too.

The Window Shade effect is simply the ability to click on the title bar of a palette and have the items in that palette appear to roll up behind the title bar like a roll up Shade ( or Blind ) on a window. The title bar alone still resides within view and you just click on it again when you want to see the list of sheets which now 'Unrolls'.

I have seen it before but can't think in which applications. I am sure someone else on the forum can let us know where it can be seen ....... Anyone ??????

Peter

macitect

Post by macitect »

Now I understand what you mean.

Photoshop and SketchUp are both example of what you mean, i think.

I would second this request and I would add a little something to it - I want my scroll wheel to work inside these palettes. I too often have very long lists of sheets and although it isn't a terribly big ordeal to scroll down it with the arrows, scroll wheel support would certainly fit nicely into my work style.

cheers.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I'll add my long standing request to pallet-tize almost everyhting.... from line types, to dimension types, to symbols, to line weights. This would eliminate having to dig for these everytime. The other work around would be to enable more things to be shortcuts assignable.

I remember way back in my cad days in the late 80s where the office designed a digitizing tablet overlay where we could build our own command control and use lisp... really simple process.
fat guy in a little coat

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

mac's Sticky notes do the window shade trick, if you want a reference that comes free with your OS :) Cast my vote on this one too.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *