Value Entry

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peatle

Value Entry

Post by peatle »

The ability to enter a required value ( e.g. line length, circle radius ) as a calculation would be a great time saver.

For instance, to place a point on a line at one third of it's length, the value that is input before setting the point could be entered as ........ That line length /3.

Another would be to enter a known Imperial Dimension plus an appropriate mutiplier or divider to create a Metric Dimension.

macitect

Re: Value Entry

Post by macitect »

peatle wrote:For instance, to place a point on a line at one third of it's length, the value that is input before setting the point could be entered as ........ That line length /3.
I would image that you already know this, but just in case anyone else doesn't here is a little workaround in the meantime:

1. Choose your line
2. Click on the divide tool - divide in three and create points not line segments
3. Use one of your /3 dividing points to place line
4. Delete unnecessary points - and remember that you can select them easily without selecting your lines by pressing alt while dragging your selection box around the points.

If my explanation isn't clear, see this:

http://macitect.dnsalias.com/HD_linedivide.mov
(Let me know if you can't see the video.)

giulio.piovene

Re: Value Entry

Post by giulio.piovene »

peatle wrote:The ability to enter a required value ( e.g. line length, circle radius ) as a calculation would be a great time saver.
I'd love that!
Like PCadd and Vellum...