CHANGING DIMENSION LABELS

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peatle

CHANGING DIMENSION LABELS

Post by peatle »

Now that we can change the text of a leader label without opening the Dimension Properties pane I have come to realise that at the top of my wish list now is the ability to do the same with the text label of all other dimensions.

I just detailed four Safety Guards for Vee Belt Drives. They were all the same design just different sizes, so I was able to use the same drawing and just change the pertinent dimensions. It would be nice to go through dozens and dozens of text label changes in a situation like this without opening the Properties Pane for each and every one.

Peter

peatle

Re: CHANGING DIMENSION LABELS

Post by peatle »

I should add a point that does partly address this wish.

In my experience with HD, the closing and reopening of the Dimension Properties pane for each dimension text label that needs to be changed is only necessary if the label is not one that already has Custom Text in it.

If labels already have Custom Text in then the properties pane can be left open.Then, when each new text label to be changed is clicked on, it appears in the text box in the properties pane where it can be changed and 'Applied'.

This can be repeated as many times as req'd providing the text label already had Custom text in it.

Peter