Apply, Invert in Drawing Manager

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
mtgstuber

Apply, Invert in Drawing Manager

Post by mtgstuber »

There are times it would be nice to leave the drawing manager open and just hit "apply." For example, I want to select some things on a particular layer, to the exclusion of others. If there was an apply button, I could leave the drawing manager open on my second monitor. Then I could quickly turn on / off particular layers, hit "Apply", do my operation, and then turn the layers back on / off.

Right now, you have to close the Drawing Manager window to "Apply"

Similarly, it would be nice to be able to turn off all layers except one. An "Invert" button would enable this very easily. Ideally I would be able to invert both the visibility settings and the lock settings.

macitect

Re: Apply, Invert in Drawing Manager

Post by macitect »

mtgstuber wrote:Similarly, it would be nice to be able to turn off all layers except one.
This one, at least, exists. Activate the layer you want to isolate (this can be done in the layers window or option+click any item on the desired layer) then in the ORGANIZE menu you can hit HIDE OTHER LAYERS.

As for the drawing manager request... not a bad idea, but there is also a standing request for a separate layer palette which I imagine would do exactly the things you want to do.

In the meantime don't be shy about using project views as a layer manager. I use it like this and find it indispensable!