multiple projects opened

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
Sandking

multiple projects opened

Post by Sandking »

I don't get why I can't open multiple files at once. This could be really useful as I do that often in other apps (cad and non-cad as well). If this could be done - all tools should be in separate floating window.

giulio.piovene

Post by giulio.piovene »

:)

macitect

Post by macitect »

This would be particularly useful when reusing information from other projects. One could have a file full of standard details and just drag and drop them into your current project.

steven

Post by steven »

it could be based on the same principle of "spaces" from Leopard.

AJUK

Post by AJUK »

I agree, that would be a very useful feature.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Given my experiences in the past with layer confusion between 2 projects, I think that for the moment the problem is the way HD treats the preferences. I notice in my pref library that there are many programs which use multiple plist files. Perhaps that is the answer - that HD needs to differentiate between program-wide prefs and file-specific prefs.
Although given my complete ignorance of how computers and apps really work, I am probably just spewing mental vomit.:oops: For that I apologize. :wink: