project timer

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
kohledfusion

project timer

Post by kohledfusion »

This isn't a huge deal, but would be nice if it's easy...

the ability to reset the Project Time (in Document Properties) to Zero. I've created a starter drawing set with layers, lines, walls, text, title block, sheets, views & stuff that I use as a base for all new projects. Problem is that I get the Project Time too.

Come to think of it... it would be cool to have the project time display in the corner of the window. You could click on the time to *pause* the timer (phone rings, bathroom break, etc). When the timer is paused, a big, visible watermark would display in the HD drawing window "Drawing Timer Paused". I think a watermark - type message would be best so you can still see the contents of the drawing without re-activating the timer. You could restart the timer by clicking on the pause message. This would be really helpful for quciker, (more) accurate time accounting.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hey Erin,

I use a different program that I would recommend. Especially if you are billing for more than just the drafting. It is called iBiz and it is really well made. Check it out here.

Of course there are particular things that I would still wish for...but I suppose no program can do everything we hope it would. I am not sure either if the couple elements I want are already available and I haven't explored it enough.

giulio.piovene

Re: project timer

Post by giulio.piovene »

kohledfusion wrote: Come to think of it... it would be cool to have the project time display in the corner of the window. You could click on the time to *pause* the timer (phone rings, bathroom break, etc). When the timer is paused, a big, visible watermark would display in the HD drawing window "Drawing Timer Paused".
Nice!!