I wish that the precision...

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
macitect

I wish that the precision...

Post by macitect »

...of snapping wouldn't depend so heavily on the object order.

ie. trying to snap to the end point of a line where said end point lands on a perpendicular line. I couldn't snap to the end point properly until I moved that line to front.

Let me know if I need to clarify. The brain's a little weak today.

cheers,
derek

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Is it my imagination that I can't snap to a point on a locked layer...or am I doing something wrong?
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Post by macitect »

kohledfusion wrote:Is it my imagination that I can't snap to a point on a locked layer...or am I doing something wrong?
Can't help you there... I have only ever locked layers that I don't work on after I've drawn them - like contour lines - so I've never had to try...
But as you can't even select items on locked layers, I would imagine it makes sense that you can't snap to them either...

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I've noticed that Locked Layers still have some artifacts or visibility to actions like snaps. This has happened to me actually when I don't want them... like tracing a Fill outline and a snap keeps jumping to what seems to be some far off point... and it seems to be a higher object on a locked layer that has stronger magnetism. It doesn't go away unless I Lock and Turn off the layer.
fat guy in a little coat

giulio.piovene

Re: I wish that the precision...

Post by giulio.piovene »

macitect wrote:...of snapping wouldn't depend so heavily on the object order.

ie. trying to snap to the end point of a line where said end point lands on a perpendicular line. I couldn't snap to the end point properly until I moved that line to front.
I have the same problem with Construction Lines
Please fix it!