multiple text types in one text object

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
macitect

multiple text types in one text object

Post by macitect »

I would like to be able to have different sizes of text in the same text block and be able to italicize or bold certain words/phrases without having to make a new one.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Yes! I keep forgetting to put this on the wish list, so count me as the second vote!

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Or to be able to import RTF from another application like Word or Pages... not sure the HD development wants to reinvent the wheel.

Wildest dreams would be a XREF function to link to these outside files
fat guy in a little coat

giulio.piovene

Re: multiple text types in one text object

Post by giulio.piovene »

macitect wrote:I would like to be able to have different sizes of text in the same text block and be able to italicize or bold certain words/phrases without having to make a new one.
I'd love too!

And.. what about editing text just double clicking on it with the selection tool?

macitect

Re: multiple text types in one text object

Post by macitect »

giulio.piovene wrote: And.. what about editing text just double clicking on it with the selection tool?
You can :D, just make sure it is not already selected and then double click on the actual text, not a control point. :wink:

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

I can't get 'double click to edit text' to work on rotated text (in my case, roted 90 degrees). Is there a trick I'm missing?

macitect

Post by macitect »

kohledfusion wrote:I can't get 'double click to edit text' to work on rotated text (in my case, roted 90 degrees). Is there a trick I'm missing?
You still having this problem? I just did a seal - letters at nearly every possible angle... and no problem changing any of them by double clicking. The only thing I noticed is that I had to be extra careful where I double-clicked on some of them.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Ah ha! I just tried it again & got it after a few tries. Where you click really counts! Thanks Macitect :)

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

It is a picky click... I miss it all the time, end up starting a new Text box, escape, try again. I hover until I get the Text Insert cursor.
fat guy in a little coat

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

LOL, there's an insert if you hover? Hee, I need to be more patient & slower on the trigger finger. Thanks for the excellent tip!