save print 'profiles' + draft mode to save ink

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
kohledfusion

save print 'profiles' + draft mode to save ink

Post by kohledfusion »

I'd like to save common print 'profiles'. Each profile would save all options found in the print preview menu. I'd also like to have a 'draft ink' mode that lays down 50% of the ink. Here's an example of how I'd use print profiles:

* 8x11 draft bw stf (8x11, colors to black, shrink to fit page, include last edit date..if we get that feature, draft ink use..aka, light grey instead of black, uses less ink, don't preserve line weights)

* 8x11 draft stf (8x11, preserve colors, shrink to fit page, include last edit date..if we get that feature, don't preserve line weights)

* arch D final (arch D, colors to black, do NOT shrink to fit, full ink, preserve line weights, do not print last edited date..if we get that feature)

I always print through the print preview menu. I often forget to re-set one or more of these things as I'm switching between printouts & waste lots of ink, paper and time.

Thanks HD crew for humoring me (again)!

Bonk me on the noggin if this is already available in some manner.