stretch

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
steven

stretch

Post by steven »

add a command similar to the "stretch" command of acad -
this would save a lot of time in revising drawings......

giulio.piovene

Re: stretch

Post by giulio.piovene »

steven wrote:add a command similar to the "stretch" command of acad -
this would save a lot of time in revising drawings......
agree!

steven

professional edition

Post by steven »

this would be a nice feature for the professional edition. i'm presuming the professional edition is mostly used by people who make a living with drafting. revising drawings is an ongoing through the design process.....

daedalarch

Post by daedalarch »

I agree!
Absence of a stretch command is my biggest frustration in thats fantastic software.

steven

stretch command

Post by steven »

let's try to get as many comments as possible from HD users to get the stretch command added!!!!!!

kohledfusion

another vote for stretch

Post by kohledfusion »

one more vote from me!

macitect

Re: stretch command

Post by macitect »

steven wrote:let's try to get as many comments as possible from HD users to get the stretch command added!!!!!!
Well add me then too! The only reason that I didn't before is because there was another thread about this...

steven

biggest thread

Post by steven »

well...... every other MAJOR CAD SOFTWARE has a stretch command -
keep the comments coming -

peatle

Post by peatle »

What does 'Stretch' do? ........ it sounds like a hot feature that I could probably use too

kohledfusion

stretch

Post by kohledfusion »

Peatle, it's the concept of moving nodes, or stretching items a given length. Here's my original post that stirred up the pot over in the user forum:
Is there a way to move nodes of a line/wall/polygon/etc? For instance, my client decided to extend the length of his house by 4'. I'd love to select all the nodes in the back end of the house & move them 4', thus extending all of the walls and line endpoints that are captured in the selection rectangle. Hopefully I am explaining this well.

peatle

Post by peatle »

I see ..... so you take a block of elements of the drawing and move them, then all dimensions adjust is that right ? I can see this being very desirable in the Architectural field particularly.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Well, sort of. Imagine this scenario. You have a box made of 4 lines, filled with a hatch. You then decide that you want it to be a rectangle instead. Stretch would let you select one side of the square to stretch, say 2 feet. Stretch would lengthen the lines that were attached to the line you 'moved' as well as extend the hatch, all in one command. Right now, you have to move the line, then extend the 2 perpendicular lines to the line you moved, then edit the corners of the hatch. And that's just for *one* item you want to edit.

In my case, my client got into the final design phase, then decided to extend the house depth by 4'. I had to manually lenthen *every* wall, line and dimension by 4'. It took a loooong time.

If dimensions followed moved 'nodes' that sure would be great. I thought I read that the HD team was working on that? I may have imagined it though.

peatle

Post by peatle »

Good explanation ..... you put into words exactly what I thought you meant, thanks.

I could use 'Stretch' ........ I'd like to see it in HD.

Peter

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Its no Stretch to want one!
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Roger that! Stretch tool. :wink: