floating layer palette

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
kohledfusion

floating layer palette

Post by kohledfusion »

I'd like to have the layer palette float, just like the view, object & sheet palettes. Or have the drawing manager float. It would make life easier when fussing with multiple layers.

Also, the ability to select and *reorder* multiple layers in Drawing Manager. I have to reorder layers by moving them one at a time.

giulio.piovene

Re: floating layer palette

Post by giulio.piovene »

kohledfusion wrote:I'd like to have the layer palette float, just like the view, object & sheet palettes.
I'd like it too

kohledfusion

another layer pallette wish

Post by kohledfusion »

One more enhancement if we get a floating layer palette. I use a lot of layers while I'm drawing (up to 45 - yikes) & spend a lot of time scrolling through the list looking for the layers I'm currently working with. If we can get the floating layer palette, I'd like a clickable option to sort the layers by :

* layers in this View to top of list
* layers in this Sheet to top of list
* all visible layers to top of list
* all locked layers to top of list
* sort by name
* return to 'drawing manager' layer order (see below)

I know that changing the order of layers effects how items appear on the screen. So, I'm thinking that the Drawing Manager Layer list would be a 'static' master list. The floating palette would be a sortable copy. Re-ordering the floating palette would *not* reorder the order in the Drawing Manager.

Or in OOP-geek-speak, the Drawing Manger master list would be the parent object. The floating pallete would be a child object that inherited the parent object. Then apply any sorting you want to the child (floating palette) without effecting the parent.

A programmer using your software - probably your worst nightmare :)

Erin