Leader Tool

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peatle

Leader Tool

Post by peatle »

Forgot to add in to that last request the old nag about a SEPARATE LEADER TOOL .............. and those customizable ARROWHEADS !

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi there Ilexsoft team,

Just wanted to add my support here and explain why this is a priority in my books...

When doing plans I generally do all my dimensioning at once and all my notes at once. However, as I am doing more details I am switching between leader and dimension very often and it is increasingly frustrating to be adjusting the DIM styles each time I switch! For dimensions I use the architectural tick and for leaders I use the smallest arrow possible and (obviously) customized text.

As for adjustable arrows... that would be great as it would really lend itself to creating a personal flair in our drawings. It would also be great to control little things like the architectural tick... I would love to increase it's width for instance.

steven

Post by steven »

just a note to support derek -

there should be a clear difference between leader with notes and dimensions -
this would be helpful - and save time - when redrafting a rough draft or going back to a drawing that has been marked up by an engineer.

also, I'm not a big fan of the triangle arrow head. I find it's very dstracting to look at and is very similar to some structural symbols.

steven

peatle

Post by peatle »

Yes ......... I find the triangle arrowhead very wide, so much so that it sometimes interferes with adjacent detail when in a crowded spot.

Altering existing text that has been created with the leader tool is very fiddley in the one line box in the Dimensions Attributes Pane and I will quite often just delete it and re do it rather than mess with this, especially if there are several lines of text in the note.

If I want to add a leader note to a circle or arc object that doesn't require to show the radius, diameter etc then I have to start the leader away from the object and move the arrowhead in to touch it after in order to avoid the automatic radius, diameter, etc query pane that pops up.

A separate leader tool is definitely at the top of my Wish List

macitect

Post by macitect »

peatle wrote:Altering existing text that has been created with the leader tool is very fiddley in the one line box in the Dimensions Attributes Pane and I will quite often just delete it and re do it rather than mess with this, especially if there are several lines of text in the note.
Interesting that you mention this. I use the bind tool to help keep all my info on their proper layers (vital to my drawing method) and you remind me of another point I wanted to make... I tend to duplicate my leaders and change the text all the time because I put all my dimensions on the DIMENSION layer and leaders on NOTATION, but as the leader is part of the dimension arsenal if I want to bind my layers it means that every time I pull a new leader it goes to the DIM layer. Having a separate leader tool would mean that I could always just pull a fresh new leader when I needed instead of making duplicates and changing the properties.

In this regard it would be really great to separate the doors and windows from the walls (or make it possible to have different elements of the same tool default to different layers).

cheers,
ds