Scroll Wheel Zooming to centre on cursor location

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
TrevorML

Scroll Wheel Zooming to centre on cursor location

Post by TrevorML »

Great to see the solid v1.4 update...

is it possible to get the Scroll Wheel Zoom to operate by zooming in on the cursor location rather than the centre of the window view...?? as otherwise one has to move over the location one wishes to zoom in on and then scroll wheel in...

cheers
Trevor

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Something I noticed is that one click on my McNally Mouse Jr. USB mouse equals two zooms... this doesn't happen on other scroll/zoom situations in other apps; one click equals one zoom. It'd be nice to be able to set this and I don't believe I can do this in mouse system preferences.

One more improvement is to add Pan to pressing the scroll wheel, similar to functionality in SU.

Only weird thing I noticed with 1.4 is that scaling a symbol using the arrow (which is a great feature) did not offer Undo... I scaled something down, didn't like the new size yet could not get back to the prior size using command+Z.

Last comment that I'm thinking about, I have never been able to make photogrammetry work. I step through the process and nothing happens. Once you slect and size a photo does the application figure out outliens and trace> or do I still need to do that? Seems like a great thing, but I must be confused on how to use this function.
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Scroll Wheel Zooming to centre on cursor location

Post by Andrew »

Trevor M-L wrote: is it possible to get the Scroll Wheel Zoom to operate by zooming in on the cursor location rather than the centre of the window view...??
Of course it is possible! Scroll-wheel zooming is a new feature and there is room for improvement. Feedback about its implementation is welcome.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

ybalx wrote:Something I noticed is that one click on my McNally Mouse Jr. USB mouse equals two zooms
That's true, it is something we noticed as well with our Logitech mice. It would be interesting to see if more mouse models show this behaviour. If there is anybody who is experiencing a double zoom per click. please report it.
ybalx wrote: One more improvement is to add Pan to pressing the scroll wheel, similar to functionality in SU.
This feature did not fit the schedule for 1.4, but we'll see what can be done about it.
ybalx wrote: Only weird thing I noticed with 1.4 is that scaling a symbol using the arrow (which is a great feature) did not offer Undo... I scaled something down, didn't like the new size yet could not get back to the prior size using command+Z.
Okay, thanks for reporting it. It will be fixed very soon.
ybalx wrote: Last comment that I'm thinking about, I have never been able to make photogrammetry work. I step through the process and nothing happens. Once you slect and size a photo does the application figure out outliens and trace> or do I still need to do that? Seems like a great thing, but I must be confused on how to use this function.
This last question would require a topic of its own, since it is quite an important tool.
To quickly answer your questions, once you set up the geometry and the process is complete you have to trace the elements you want to project. Any item you draw over the image is projected in real time on the Projection Window, which opens right after completing the setup. You can use lines, polygons, curves and fills.

The application does not automatically trace the photo for several reasons, the main being that it cannot predict which items you need to trace. The photogrammetry tool works on one plane per setup: an auto-trace feature would not (or not easily & quickly) be able to exclude other surfaces, the background, trees, etc.

Anyway, a tutorial on that subject would not hurt.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

I am using (dare I say it) a Micro$loth Optical Wheel Mouse and it does this as well... seems like it may be a common issue.

The drag and drop additions to v1.4 are great to see... thanks

cheers
Trevor