align window

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
Yien

align window

Post by Yien »

would be very nice to have window for the alignement option. Also, when i want to align two text from top edge, no matter the order i choose my two text, it always choose the highest one. any suggestion to this?

thank you

Y

macitect

Post by macitect »

je sais que tu n'étais pas actif avec HD pendant qq mois, et donc t'as p-ê manqué quelque dévelopements...

If you hit P twice you get construction lines. I too would like to see the align options more robust and not hidden in the edit menu, but in the meantime you can either move the higher one below the one with which you want it to align or give yourself a construction line and use the perpendicular snap.

Normally what I do when I want to align many objects (including text) is that I align them relative to each other the way I want them and then I move them together as a group to wherever I want them.

hope this helps and I haven't just stated the obvious... :wink:

cheers

Yien

Post by Yien »

oh i see. but i have to draw the construction line..then aligned my element to it, right? i was talking about a more rapid way : like the window aligned box in adobe indesign or the aligned popup text in Flash 8.

Y
Last edited by Yien on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macitect

Post by macitect »

I don't know if this was clear or not, but you can align them to each other just like in illustrator (align centres, tops, bottoms), but to circumvent the problem of your objects aligning to the wrong one (ie the highest rather than the first chosen), you can just implement the extra step of giving yourself a construction line to place the aligned objects after they are aligned to each other.

But let's make a request right now that they be aligned relative to whichever object is chosen first...