I wish for a way to change to a objects layer

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
alexwhite

I wish for a way to change to a objects layer

Post by alexwhite »

Andrea, perhaps this can already be done.

When editing with the arrow tool and I click on an object that is on another layer, that layer is identified with a pop-up bubble. With that bubble open, I'd like to be able to keyboard shortcut to the selected object's sheet... rather than having to select the sheet from the palette.

I find that I use sheets more to control objects than layers. Don't know why because in acad this was not the case.

2 more weeks and the drawings are getting more complex and HD 1.3 is hanging tough!

Alex
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: I wish for a way to change to a objects layer

Post by Andrew »

ybalx wrote:With that bubble open, I'd like to be able to keyboard shortcut to the selected object's sheet... rather than having to select the sheet from the palette.
We've considered your suggestion and... you'll see when the new update is out.
ybalx wrote: 2 more weeks and the drawings are getting more complex and HD 1.3 is hanging tough!
There are at least a couple of functions that can crash 1.3. We have fixed all those we knew of and the next version is going to be more solid.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Excellent! Thanks Andrea... waiting for the next release is always great.
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Okay, now that 1.4 is out I can talk...

Check out the new Quick Info window that pops up when you select an item of another sheet. You can now switch to that sheet just by clicking its name.

Hope you like it!

Oh, and thanks for the request!
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

grazie!

I checked out the release notes and see that you also corrected the area calculation and added scroll zoom and improved pan refreshs... can't wait to get to my design machine and upgrade!

BTW, in town meeting with my colleagues from Sesto (outside Firenza) and I mentioned you guys and your great work. Their response was totally Italian "of course, why would I expect anything less..."
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

ybalx wrote:grazie!
You're welcome!
ybalx wrote: BTW, in town meeting with my colleagues from Sesto (outside Firenza) and I mentioned you guys and your great work. Their response was totally Italian "of course, why would I expect anything less..."
Ah ah, modesty is not really in the Italian nature!