Somewhat shameless plug

This forum is for general and non-support discussion only. Sharing ideas? Networking? Looking for collaboration? This is the right place.
matthew.Stanfield

Somewhat shameless plug

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I have been debating with myself wether or not this would be appropriate to post here or not, and have come to the conclusion that it should be ok. I hope no one is offended. If so let me know and i will refrain from doing something like this in the future.

Anyhow, i entered a small competition to design a shelter of less than 10 square meters with a height restriction of 4m. In addition to the juried prize, they are offering a "people's choice" award. The entries can be viewed at: http://shelter.inthekoots.com/10-square-entries/

Though i would appreciate any votes i can get, i am not trying to solicit votes for myself. There are several very innovative solutions to the problem. I would encourage you to check them out and vote for your favorite.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

SurfingAlien

Re: Somewhat shameless plug

Post by SurfingAlien »

dear Matthew,
I personally think it's more than appropriate... this is a pub in the end, isn't it?
I'd like to see more HD users showing their own works and those "extreme" competitions are great to experiment with unusual solutions (I missed this one, unfortunately)
So thanks for posting from me, very inspiring!
...and good luck, BTW :wink:

cheers,
Alessandro

macitect

Post by macitect »

I've been hoping for a long time that the pub section on here would become a forum for exactly this sort of thing - share ideas, post good drawings, presentations, competitions etc.

I followed your link and had a good look at most of the entries. In the end I did vote for you, although to be fair there is one in particular above you in the rankings so that probably deserves to be.

Anyway - great work and thanks for sharing! Where did you hear of this competition?

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I appreciate the support in both my post as well as the project. I would love to have a forum such as this to bounce ideas off of as well as get advice on projects as they come up.

While i am biased to my own solution, i will admit that there were several very clever solutions as well as some that were very well informed. If i did not have my own submission, i would have had a hard time deciding between several of them.

There are several websites i check periodically for competitions that look interesting to me and are affordable for me to enter. I found this particular one at bustler.net. I really do not have much work, and use the competitions to stay sharp and on top of my game. Besides, they are generally allot of fun.

The websites i check are:

www.competitions.org
www.bustler.net
www.suckerpunchdaily.com
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com