how many highdesigners are there?

This forum is for general and non-support discussion only. Sharing ideas? Networking? Looking for collaboration? This is the right place.
Sandking

how many highdesigners are there?

Post by Sandking »

Is there any chance that HD would give some graphs/numbers about how popular HD is becoming? I know that those numbers could be a marketing secret but it would be nice to know :]

Also - since discussion on forum isn't buzzing I would suggest to promote Forum much more than just usual link (make it bigger with some graphic button or something). There are two reasons to do this - it would make bigger interest in app I think and while there would be more users here - help would be much easier to get. Also - it would help a lot to make more suggestions and keep it rolling.

steven

highdesign

Post by steven »

Users......HD is what it is.....the best architectural software available, with the best support. Numbers are for accountants!!!

macitect

Post by macitect »

I think that the forum isn't buzzing because it is such an easy and intelligently designed piece of software that there aren't too many questions...

Given the kind of support I have received I can only believe that there are enough paying users to pay the Ilexsoft team's salaries with one HELLUVA lot of overtime.

As far as getting used to the program; yeah, being so accustomed to ACAD it takes a while to be de-programmed. It really takes commiting yourself to a project or two (and don't start off with a huge project either...) and learning the ins and outs under a bit of pressure.
Yes there are of course elements that can still be made better, but given that it is only a few years old, I think it is safe to say it is an incredible program and the rate at which it is improving is astronomical.

If you are looking for a 2D cad program which is a pleasure to use, then this is it.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Ever try to go back to Autocad? To draw? Especially after a few years away...

I had to do this last week and it was so painful I said F-that and I hand drew the detail.
fat guy in a little coat

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

ybalx wrote:Ever try to go back to Autocad? To draw? Especially after a few years away...
I had to do this last week and it was so painful I said F-that and I hand drew the detail.
Ever tryed to go back from HD to vectorworks ???? then You know what you are missing in HD :P :lol:
Problem with vectorworks is that You must win first a Lottery before you can buy it.
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

macitect

Post by macitect »

Beagle wrote:Ever tryed to go back from HD to vectorworks ???? then You know what you are missing in HD :P :lol:
Problem with vectorworks is that You must win first a Lottery before you can buy it.
Kind of a strange comment to post here, Beagle, especially after not contributing for so long. I don't know if VectorWorks has completely revamped with version 12, but I worked with previous versions for 2 years and really disliked it. It doesn't do modeling well at all and the drafting options are no better than any other CAD program out there. Not to mention the interface and shortcuts... I suppose in the end one's preferences have much to do with what one is used to.

If you prefer VW, then use it. If because you can't afford it, you find yourself "stuck" with HD, why not at least be constructive and post some items in the wish-list. There is not a software developer out there as receptive as the guys at Ilexsoft.

peatle

Post by peatle »

I wonder if Beagle might care to point out some of the things that he likes about Vectorworks and give Andrea, Giovanni & Co the opportunity to comment. I'm sure that they know the 'ins and outs' of Vectorworks and might be able to point out some equivalent features in HD that Beagle hasn't uncovered.

Only ever having used HD I would be particularly interested in possibly useful features of other programmes that could be Wish Listed in HD

Peter