1. Fills are so much better. Especially the fact that holes can be cut out of them. Is there a way to cut circles out?
2. Trim - there are many benefits to how trim now works. One thing I do wish for though is that I could select a trim(ming) line and cut the entire segment on one side rather than it always detecting the next line that it intersects... This means that I am always having to hunt down and delete remaining line segments. Does this functionality already exist? If so where/how? If not I hereby request it as a feature.
We will add more shapes and boolean operations in the future.
2. Yes, that is a feature request. That we just implemented.
With this addition, Trim now sees any selected objects as cutter lines and ignores the others. So in that situation you would just select the cutter line, activate Trim and click on the objects to trim. If no object is selected when Trim is called, it works just the same as it does now, trimming portions between any two objects at the click.
Regarding the fill, for my requirements at the moment I have used the old method of putting a white fill over top. This workaround is much more usable now that selecting stacked items is so much easier.
Trim feature - just downloading the most recent release and excited to use this.
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:14 pm
- Location: Pahoa, Hawai'i. Yes, where the lava is.
* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *