Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

Post by kohledfusion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:55 pm

A few questions while I try out 2.1 :

Is there a way to get simple doors (no framing)? I like the cleaner look of no frame. I tried setting 'Casing' to zero, but that didn't do it.

I am still unable to reassign the MOVE command to a different shortcut and have it work. The CMD-T motion sets my carpal on fire, otherwise I would adjust :)

Is there an option to have new text adjust its text box automatically? I have to reselect text after I type it & use the 'fit text box to contents' each time. Otherwise I am clicking on text to select & not hitting a selection point. In old HD the text box would, at least, adjust its depth if my initial text selection box was too small. If I was clicking on text I could see, I was guaranteed to 'hit' the text. In 2.1 that doesn't happen unless I resize the box or get my initial text selection box size correct on the first try.

Is it possible to set the default font & font size for the program (I'm willing to hack the plist).

Thanks for any help.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Door Framing, Shortcuts & Text

Post by matthew.Stanfield » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:01 am

I am wondering the same thing about the doors with no framing / casing / trim. While i can see how this feature would be nice at times, it is not usually what i would want to show on my drawings.

So i did some experimenting. It seems if you set the door thickness to 1-1/4" or less, the door trim goes away. HD still shows the jamb of the frame, but at least the trim on the face of the wall is gone.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 pm

Doors and casement windows are scale-sensitive: the level of detail decreases with the scale, so that the same door is represented with thickness, casing and frame at 1:10, but as simple lines at 1:100.
In 2016, we've added a new simple door type that draws the simplified door commonly found in drawings at 1:100 or 1/8=1. In the attached images, you can see the same doors at different drawing scales.
1:10
Doors_1-10.png
1:50
Doors_1-50.png
Doors_1-50.png (22.67 KiB) Viewed 8167 times

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:35 am

If there could be a way to control what is shown or not, regardless of scale, that would be great.

The situation i have run into is trying to put a door at the intersection of two rooms. The problem being that the trim extents into the perpendicular wall. If i could just have the option to turn off the trim, the problem would be solved.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 12.33.37 AM.png
Door Trim overlaps perpendicular wall
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Andrew
Site Admin