Hatches in HD15

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

Hatches in HD15

Post by kohledfusion »

Aloha all,
Does HD15 come loaded with a bunch of new hatches, or is the improvement that we can make our own? I see about 16 hatches when I open HD15. I want to make sure I have the right install, or that my HD might be pointing to the wrong directory where hatches are stored. What i have right now is considerable less hatches than came standard on old HD. Hopefully I just have a screwy setting somewhere.
Thanks, Erin
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

Giovanni

Re: Hatches in HD15

Post by Giovanni »

Aloha Erin,
Actually HighDesign 2015 comes with more hatch patterns than before since in HD 1.8.7 many patterns were variations of the main hatches.
You just have to push the "Add Items" button in the Hatch Pattern Inspector to open the "Hatch Patterns" pane of the Drawing Manager window: use the left column to browse the HighDesign Library and select the patterns to add by dragging them to the resources used by the project on the right list.
As you can see in the screenshots, to the 15 patterns preloaded visible in the Inspector you can add up to 36 new linear hatches and tiled patterns that you can duplicate and edit to create variations: of course, you can also create your own hatches choosing between linear hatches and tiled patterns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead

kohledfusion

Re: Hatches in HD15

Post by kohledfusion »

Thank you, Giovanni.

One more question about hatches.

In 1.8.7 I could add a new vertices to hatch by double clicking an existing vertices of a hatch. I can't get the same thing to work in HD2015. I use this feature a lot when working with hatches. Is there a way to add a new vertices in 2015? I looked in the manual & tried CONTRL right click, but no luck.

What's odd is that if I hover over a vertices point, a small black dot appears above my pointer arrow. I'm wondering if it's the radial menu trying to display, but is at the wrong scale (the dot is approximate 1/32" inch)

I'm hoping that I have missed, or mis-set a setting somewhere.

Thank you,
Erin
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *