bind layers to drawing tools and more...

General HighDesign Discussions
Yien

bind layers to drawing tools and more...

Post by Yien »

Hi,

thanks for the 1.5 release, again :P

i try the "bind to drawings tools", its a good concept, but...

1-could we have a wall tool AND windows and door tool seperatly?

2-there must be a way to select the exact color for the penweight, i go with the RGB slider, it take some times from scratch, but once its done it ok.

3-the beta 1.5.1 correct the scale problem, but if you do "undo" command it crash :(

4-the pan works fine, the zoom in too. but when i zoom out with the mouse wheel, i goes to fast!

5-the dimension doesnt scale if you create a new sheet with different scale, it should follow like the TEXT.

6-how could we have an exact print area? i could draw a 8in 1/2 x 11in manually then create a print area with it, but its an action i shouldn't waste my time with...

7-as Macitect said : "keep it up guys. (and think big- there is definitely a market for this!!!)"

cheers

-Y

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: bind layers to drawing tools and more...

Post by Andrew »

Vanzen wrote:1-could we have a wall tool AND windows and door tool seperatly?
Yes, it could be extended to include methods too.
2-there must be a way to select the exact color for the penweight, i go with the RGB slider, it take some times from scratch, but once its done it ok.
Hmm, I'm not sure I have clear what you mean here... Is it about the Color panel of the Drawing Manager?
3-the beta 1.5.1 correct the scale problem, but if you do "undo" command it crash :(
Oops... will have it fixed.
4-the pan works fine, the zoom in too. but when i zoom out with the mouse wheel, i goes to fast!
Yes, we are fine-tuning the dynamic zoom. Both zoom in and out do not follow a constant factor, but rather adapt their steps to the current zoom level. For example, zooming out from a factor of 0.5% uses much smaller steps than from a factor of 2000%.
5-the dimension doesnt scale if you create a new sheet with different scale, it should follow like the TEXT.
Thanks for pointing it out. The fixes in 1.5.1b1 are not complete and must be applied to a number of items.
6-how could we have an exact print area? i could draw a 8in 1/2 x 11in manually then create a print area with it, but its an action i shouldn't waste my time with...
I agree. Will see what can be done to improve it.
7-as Macitect said : "keep it up guys. (and think big- there is definitely a market for this!!!)"
Thanks! Your support and feedback are essential for us to "keep it up"! Oh, and we do think big! :)
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Vanzen & Andrew,
Quote:

Hmm, I'm not sure I have cleare what you mean here... Is it about the Color panel of the Drawing Manager?
This issue of colours is something I tried to raise in one of my last posts, but may not have expressed myself correctly. In the Drawing Manager it is very easy to select colours, but it is difficult to get exact colours when setting up new layers in the drawing (with the Apple colour selectors). Is it possible to add the colour table from the drawing manager to the new layer setup dialogue?

I think that is what Vanzen is getting at and I think it would be a great idea. It would allow us to be certain that the colours to which we assign penweights are consistent with the colours actually used on layers in the drawing.

cheers,
macitect