Importing dwg in HD2015

General HighDesign Discussions
axys

Importing dwg in HD2015

Post by axys »

Having some issues with dwg files - two different files, both open as a blank sheet at 0%, leaving units at 1:1 on import. A different larger file just won't open at all - just get a beep and nothing. Rather frustrating! A fourth file from another source opens fine, but then how do I scale it to print without it just being a huge blob of oversized text? So frustrating!!

What to tell third parties as the best way to issue dwg's would be useful.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Importing dwg in HD2015

Post by Andrew »

See if the articles on this page can be of help. For the file that "beeps", try making a copy, rename it "1.dwg" and open that. If this does not work, email it to us so we can look into it.

axys

Post by axys »

I've sent you a couple of files - renaming didn't stop the beep. I read the articles but I'd covered all the points they raise.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

axys wrote:I've sent you a couple of files - renaming didn't stop the beep. I read the articles but I'd covered all the points they raise.
We are investigating the causes. For the file that does not open, the error depends on the external libraries used to convert the DWG file format.
The other file is actually imported, but some nested blocks cause the view to stay at 0%.
We working to address both situations.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I don't know if its related to Axys or not - here's an error I received on trying to import a dwg
Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 10.19.04 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

The 2015.2.1 update greatly improves DWG compatibility. I would suggest you to install this new version and test your files.
Since DWG is a proprietary format and is not public, and it is used by many different AutoCAD versions and a large number of CAD apps, the situations and drawings can differ a lot. If you have a file that does not open in HighDesign 2015.2.1, please send it to us so we can use it to improve DWG support.

To download HighDesign 2015.2.1: http://www.ilexsoft.com/downloads/index.html