line types and colours

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

line types and colours

Post by macitect »

Here are two questions for you:

Is there a way to deactivate the scaling of line types? When working in 1:1, I apply a dash line for things that are hidden, when changed the sheet to 1:50 I thought i had lost all my dashed lines, but in reality the dashes had become so large that all that was 'visible' were the in between spaces.

The other question is in regards to layer colours. When assigning pen weights to colours there is a nice table with colour swatches nicely laid out, but how can I be sure that the colours correspond to the actual colours that I have assigned to my layers? When assigning colours to layers the colour picker(s) are very different from the swatch in the colour - pen weight dialogue.

Thanks
macitect

macitect

clarification

Post by macitect »

With regard to my question about linetype scales I realize I misworded my question. What I would like is a way to scale the lintypes so that the dashes remain the same relative size in all scales.

cheers,
macitect

macitect

eagerly awaiting...

Post by macitect »

Normally the answers are swift, but I am still awaiting some help on these 2 questions. I thought they were simple things that I was overlooking.

Are they more complicated than I thought?

hope to hear soon,
cheers,

macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

About linetypes:
Linetypes are not connected in any way to the scale, being graphic elements of the drawing. That is, the intended (and test-verified) behaviour of a linetype is not to change with different scales. If you zoom in or out, on the other hand, you do notice a change in the length of segments and gaps, but that is just a visual effect of the zoom.

If you have found that some linetypes actually change their pattern with different drawing scales, please report it as a bug with the procedure needed to reproduce it.

As for the colour table, the binding is provided both as a shortcut for the use of penweights in the drawing and as a utility to synchronize your drawings with a printing device or with other CAD programs (mostly AutoCAD). In other words, it is designed to work with the 255-color table only.

Of course, both linetypes and color-to-pen bindings can be extended with added options in the future.