Sending views within a drawing via email

General HighDesign Discussions
Jonathan Lear

Sending views within a drawing via email

Post by Jonathan Lear »

I need to send an email with various views of a kitchen, that I'm designing, to a client. The question is- what is the best way to send different views within a drawing and not the whole drawing. If I save to PDF I don't seem to be able to specify views or print areas. By the way my client doesn't have any sort of Cad program. Thanks.

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Sending views within a drawing via email

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

You will want to set up your print areas and project views then print to PDF. Go through the normal steps of printing, except choose "Save as PDF" from the pull down PDF menu in the bottom left corner of the print window instead of sending it to the printer.

A word of warning though... I have had some issues when trying to print PDFs created in this way through Adobe Acrobat. If your client is viewing them in Acrobat, they should appear fine. However if they go to print them, they will likely get the best results by selecting the "Print as Image" option within the Acrobat print options window.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Jonathan Lear

Re: Sending views within a drawing via email

Post by Jonathan Lear »

Thanks, I was trying to do it all through print preview. I see- you set up the print area in print preview and then choose print which then gives you the option to save as PDf. It worked!