Centre Marks

General HighDesign Discussions
John Compiani

Centre Marks

Post by John Compiani »

Hello

I've recently switched to HD from VW. The simplified tool set is quite refreshing, but after being a VW (and MiniCad before it) user for so long, you do tend to miss the odd tool.

One such tool is the centre mark tool. In VW you click anywhere on an object to create a centre mark. The centre mark VW creates is a small cross in the centre with effectively witness lines in each direction. It's just one click. Easy. For my work I need to mark the centres of objects for dimensioning frequently. It's a much used tool.

What is your method of marking the centre? To do it manually is a bit of a pain, especially when you want the centre marks to be consistent. At the moment the only way I can think of that is reasonably quick means forgoing the central 'cross'. (i.e. to just have to perpendicular lines crossing in the centre, but this doesn't look quite right!).

One work around would be if there was a line style that had just one dash in the centre of the line. You could then just draw two lines from the centre of the object with that style, but I can't find a way to edit the existing styles.

In an ideal world a centre mark would be added to the dimension tool :-)

John Compiani

Re: Centre Marks

Post by John Compiani »

I think I will just use good old fashioned centre lines instead!

No point making life complicated!

Giovanni

Re: Centre Marks

Post by Giovanni »

In HighDesign 1.8.7 you can add a datum point, which is a method of construction objects, to the centre of the circle or you can draw the greek cross and save it as a new symbol for future use. Anyway, the datum point has a fixed size and you cannot use it to mark the diameters.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead