curves & polygons...

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

curves & polygons...

Post by macitect »

Hope someone can help me quickly...

Need 2 things;

1st: I am trying to make polygons that include curves... everytime I try it tells me there are gaps even though I have made sure all my ends meet up. i therefore can not fill in any shapes other than those that consist only of straight lines.

2nd: Is there any way to get curved walls?!?!

Thanks,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: curves & polygons...

Post by Andrew »

macitect wrote:1st: I am trying to make polygons that include curves... everytime I try it tells me there are gaps even though I have made sure all my ends meet up. i therefore can not fill in any shapes other than those that consist only of straight lines.
Currently, the best way to hatch a shape with curved segments is to select the curve and apply the hatch to it; next you edit the hatch to cover the straight lines.
macitect wrote: 2nd: Is there any way to get curved walls?!?!
You can make a curved wall by approximating the curve with straight walls. In most cases, this should allow you to make wall segments long enough to insert a window without losing the curved shape.

Hope that helps!

macitect

Post by macitect »

It helps a great deal in so far as I won't waste time trying anymore at the moment. It is unfortunate because the work around won't help with what I am presently working on. (I have a curved concrete structure through which I am drawing a section... so I won't be able to fill in the section plane cut...)

Is this something that is being further developped? I hope so because I really do like HighDesign! In the not-so-distant future I would like to use it in my own office...

Anyways thanks for the reply.

Until the next time, Cheers!

macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

macitect wrote:Is this something that is being further developped? I hope so because I really do like HighDesign! In the not-so-distant future I would like to use it in my own office...
Yes, following your question that function has been improved: it is now possible to apply a hatch to shapes made of lines, polylines, freehand curves, beziers, circular and elliptical arcs.

Coming soon.

macitect

Post by macitect »

That is wonderful!!! Can't wait to get it.

Each time I write to the forum I can't believe how quick you are to respond and how great you are at reacting to customer's needs.

Keep up the excellent work. Your program, I think, will very soon be THE OSX answer to cad needs.

cheers,
derek