HighDesign 1.8.6 beta 1 Now Available

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.8.6 beta 1 Now Available

Post by Andrew »

Hello, the first beta of the new HighDesign 1.8.6 'Lion Compatibility' is now available for download. This version is aimed at addressing issues specific to the new OS Lion, but also adds a couple of fixes with symbol loading and saving and improves some user interface elements.

http://www.ilexsoft.com/ftp/pub/Softwar ... .8.6b1.zip

simon

Re: HighDesign 1.8.6 beta 1 Now Available

Post by simon »

I downloaded this programme a few days ago gone to one of my old programmes and all the icons to the left hand side showing lines walls circles etc have been replaced with dotted lines. What has happened please somebody help i just need my old hi design format back its also appears to have affected the sheets pallete and god knows what else

axys

Post by axys »

Been using it with 10.6.6 and haven't had any issues. Jumping back to 1.8.5 I don't have the problems simon has - its all fine.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I am not sure this is related to 1.8.6b1 or not, but i have been using it exclusively for the last couple of days. Just recently, i lost a couple of functions. I tried reverting back to 1.8.5 and deleting the preference file, but to no avail. The functions are just no longer there.

What i can no longer do are as follows:
1) Pressing the option key when selecting objects no longer allows me to select only those objects which are fully in the window.
2) Pressing the shift key when moving and object no longer locks in horizontal / vertical axis.
3) Space bar no longer gives me the hand tool.

These are the only three i have noticed so far. And like i said they no longer work in 1.8.5 either, so it may not necessarily be related directly to 1.8.6b1.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

matthew.Stanfield

Just discovered that option-select no longer inherits properties either. Nor does shift-option-select match current properties.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

matthew.Stanfield

Also, command-select does not allow me to select an individual object in a group anymore either.

matthew.Stanfield

Did a little testing today. Functionality seems to be returned in 1.8.6b1 at least. Must of just been a glitch.