HighDesign on OS X Lion

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign on OS X Lion

Post by Andrew »

Hello, just a quick update on the latest developments.
In our tests, HighDesign 1.8.5 has been running smoothly on the new OS X Lion. We plan to complete a few more tests and then release an official statement about the compatibility. If any problems are found, we will upload an update as needed.

...And there's something more. The new HighDesign running on Lion in the attached screenshot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macitect

Re: HighDesign on OS X Lion

Post by macitect »

I was seriously convinced that HD was dead...

It is very cruel of you to show us such a tantalising image without at least giving us some sort of indication of when we can expect the next version (and whether we will have to have already upgraded to Lion or not). Are you in a position where you can at least give us a time frame?

Here's hoping...

axys

Post by axys »

That’s the second teaser picture, the first posted over 9 months ago. Really, I think Ilexsoft are doing us and themselves a disservice by continuing to ignore reasonable requests for some sort of road map or timetable. Is it a coincidence that Andrew's post is 2 years to the day after the release of 1.8.5? To have no development in that time is disappointing, and anyone could be forgiven for thinking that HD is dead. I sincerely hope that isn't the case.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

Franco Giorgi

Post by Franco Giorgi »

This gives us hope that HD is still alive? We may know something more?
Do not be a good advertisement

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

Not that adding another voice will spur any action on the part of ilexsoft, but i wholeheartedly agree. The lull between the teaser pics and no real news to speak of on the development of HighDesign shows a total lack of respect and appreciation for their loyal customers who would simply like regular (more than every 9 months or so) updates and some clue as to when we can expect to see the new release.

Please ilexsoft give us some real information.

Franco Giorgi

Post by Franco Giorgi »

Also because I do not understand this silence. With me, the staff has always been kind and quick to respond. I do not know what to do: continue with DraftSight or HighDesign?
appearance News

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

I understand your concern and want to reassure you about the future of HighDesign, which is alive, supported and developed. We just did not want to promise any unrealistic release date we might not be able to keep.

The new version has reached the last stage before the release of a public preview. By the end of this summer we will be able to upload a working beta and the final release will follow soon afterwards. Thank you for your patience.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Great to hear, Andrea!

Thanks for the message. Looking very forward to High Design 2... :-)

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Work on performance of large files please! About the time my drawings get to 2MB things start to slow down.
fat guy in a little coat

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

This really is great news. Thanks for the update. Please continue to update us as things progress.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

Franco Giorgi

Post by Franco Giorgi »

Thank you very much.

axys

Post by axys »

Andrew wrote:I understand your concern and want to reassure you about the future of HighDesign, which is alive, supported and developed. We just did not want to promise any unrealistic release date we might not be able to keep.
Excellent news that HD has a future, thank you.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

this is truly great news for I VERY regularly log into the beta site hoping and praying that there will be a new beta just sitting in there waiting to be pushed to it's limits... this is a truly great CAD application and one I would very much miss if it disappeared... so it is much relief to here that development is still active... THANK YOU Ilexsoft folks... THANK YOU!!!

cheers from Oz
Trevor