hatches help

General HighDesign Discussions
simon

hatches help

Post by simon »

when I m doing an elevation i seem to have to do the hatching in a specifc order i.e
1.draw walls
2. apply hatch
3. draw windows and doors as regular polygons so they layer over the top of the hatch

if i don t do it this way then the hatch appears all over the window and doors , also if i delete the hatch and then undo it the hatch again appears over the top of windows and doors, i can t seem to layer a symbol over a hatch without it showing thro either. Is this just the way it is or am I doing something fundamentally wrong.

macitect

Re: hatches help

Post by macitect »

Hi Simon,

I find the best way to deal with hatching elevations is the following;
1. place hatches on their own layer (for better control and isolating etc)
2. put a solid white fill at the back of any door/window/opening and group it or make a symbol
3. place door/window/opening over hatch
4. when changing the hatch it will come to the front of the display. simply right click (command + click) and choose Arrange > Move to Back.

This a workaround for a feature that I think many of us hope to have in the next update - the ability to create holes within solid hatches.

Hope this is clear and helps.

Cheers,
derek

simon

Re: hatches help

Post by simon »

i did nt know about the move to back option thanks very much derek, that certainly helps, your right overlapping symbols etc onto hatches would be really helpful I thought I was doing something wrong but I seem to produce elevations much the same way as you suggested. Again thanks for taking time out to help its really appreciated, you should start asking ilexsoft for commission on the amount of tech help that you offer, Hopefully sooner or later I will be able to offer some help to another beginner in CAD.

Cheers

simon